Monday, May 7, 2018

A couple of recent Robert Donat mentions

TCM's prime-time lineup tonight is dedicated to the movies of Robert Donat. Here in the US I'm looking forward to The Winslow Boy at 8:00 PM, although apparently Canadian viewers only get Goodbye, Mr. Chips for rights reasons.

Anyhow, at the end of April TCM ran The Inn of the Sixth Happiness and I mentioned then that it was going to be on tonight at 10:15 PM, although I don't think I mentioned that it was going to be a part of a whole night of Donat movies.

I also wasn't paying attention to the fact that earlier in the week I had done a post on The Count of Monte Cristo, which will be on the TCM lineup at 3:15 AM tomorrow, or overnight between tonight and tomorrow depending on your point of view.

I don't recall whether I've seen Sabotage Agent (1:15 AM) before. This is also known as The Adventures of Tartu, although as I understand it the two versions actually have some differences. Have to see whether I've got enough space on the DVR for both that and The Winslow Boy.

No comments: