Friday, October 14, 2016

For the Bowery Boys fans

I've mentioned several times how TCM has been running Bowery Boys movies in the Saturday just before noon time slot. Well, this week, things are a bit different. TCM is showing The Bowery Boys Meet the Monsters at 10:45 AM tomorrow. But Friday night's prime time lineup is comic horror, in line with the October theme of lots of horror. So in fact we get six Bowery Boys movies with horror overtones.

Well, technically I think only four of them are the Bowery Boys. The first two, Spooks Run Wild at 4:30 AM and Ghosts on the Loose at 5:45 AM, are from before the Bowery Boys were called the Bowery Boys; I think they were still the East Side Kids at the time. Not that they were kids either by this point, but that's another story too.

Anyhow, I don't think I've seen any of these six movies, so I can't do a full-length post on any of them. I still have more stuff I've watched from the DVR that I should comment on.

No comments: