Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Falling Leaves

Somebody on another board yesterday who knows of my love for classic movies showed how little he wanted to do something by saying he'd rather watch a day of 100-year-old movies with me than do that other thing. Apparently he was trying to insult me, but I just despair for everybody else's horrible taste in movies.

Now, most of the movies I mention here are not quite a hundred years old, because that goes all the way back to 1914, and there aren't too many movies surviving from that era compared to the studio era. But my other thought was to think of a movie that was over a century old. My first thought was Falling Leaves, which I briefly mentioned last September when it showed up in the first night of programming around the Story of Film series. I guess I didn't think last September to see if the movie was on Youtube. Due to it's age, the movie is in the public domain. Unsurprisingly, more than one poster has put up Falling Leaves, so you can watch it for yourself and judge:

No comments: